My children's parent has not been paying support on time, or in the amount ordered by the court. What can I do?

In most cases, assuming the parent responsible for paying support is employed, you have the option of initiating wage withholding for support, including a penalty payment. This can be done administratively through the Illinois Department of Health and Family Services, or through private counsel in your circuit court case. A court action can also be filed to enforce the support obligation, including statutorily mandated interest on past due amounts.