Elizabeth Lidd Factor
Elizabeth Lidd Factor, the principal attorney at the Law Office of Elizabeth Lidd Factor, P.C., has over thirty years of experience in the areas of civil litigation and family law. Elizabeth integrates her practical courtroom experience into both traditional legal and mediation services. She practices primarily in Cook, Du Page, and Will Counties.
In addition to having served as an Administrative Hearing Officer with the Expedited Child Support Program of Cook County Circuit Court, Elizabeth also facilitated a cooperative parenting class, and has presented family law mediation at Parent University and local divorce support groups. She is deeply in tune with the issues that parents face during divorce and other family law matters.
Elizabeth listens carefully to the unique facts of each case and devises a plan of action based on those facts, the applicable law, and her clients' goals. Depending on the circumstances, she may advise resolving a case using traditional court proceedings or utilize alternative dispute resolution, primarily mediation. Elizabeth makes it a priority to return calls promptly and keep clients informed of all developments in their cases.
While Elizabeth accepts all types of family law cases, she gets particular satisfaction from guiding clients successfully through complex family law matters requiring sophisticated legal strategy and negotiation.
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Legal Separation
- Dissolution of Marriage and Civil Unions
- Division of Property
- Child Custody
- Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Orders of Protection (Civil)
- Post Judgment/Post Decree interpretation, modification, and enforcement of Judgments and Settlement Agreements.
- Civil Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Residential Real Estate
Admissions to Practice
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- J.D. cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
– Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Remedies
- M.M., 1982, Northern Illinois University College of Visual and Performing Arts, DeKalb, Illinois
- B.A. magna cum laude, Mundelein College of Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- Certificate of Professional Achievement in Mediation Training, DePaul University Center for Dispute Resolution, Chicago, Illinois
- Certificate of Professional Achievement in Family & Divorce Mediation Training, DePaul University Center for Dispute Resolution, Chicago, Illinois
- Intern, Jamie Johnson Palmer, Mediation
- Mediation Council of Illinois Workshops - Family & Divorce Mediation Training
- Illinois State Bar Association
– Family Law Section
- Chicago Bar Association
- West Suburban Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Conflict Resolution, Chicago Chapter